- To create awareness amongst young graduates/undergraduates and society about Geo special technologies and make them understand benefits of choosing GIS as career option to have bright future
- To contribute in Geo Spatial Vision led by Indian Government & prime minister by educating large number of young population
- Creating industry relevant and high quality professional education in a wide range of inter-disciplinary areas of Geo Informatics to a larger number of students from all sections of the society in the country.
- Appreciation of and respect for freedom of expression and cultural, ideological and intellectual diversity.
- Equal opportunities for all and non-discrimination on grounds of caste, class, gender, sexual preference, religion, and disability.
- Accountability and transparency in all work matters.
- Decision-making in management and organisational processes, which is collective, participatory and non-hierarchical.
- Pedagogy which is participatory and experiential, fostering dialogue, mutual learning and critical reflection.
- Emphasis on rigour, creativity and innovation in academic activities.
- Recognition of the synergy resulting from teamwork, including multi-disciplinary perspectives and trans-disciplinary collaborations.
- Creation of an enabling environment that fosters teamwork, cooperation and mutual support.
- Development of interlinkages across teaching, research and extension.
- Fostering of a spirit of self-reflection and critical appreciation.