Post graduate diploma in “GeoInformatics”
New emerging technologies like GIS and RS helps in solving complex man made world issues and touching all aspect of life. The role of a Geospatial expert is becoming more and more important in the decision making process. A practical knowledge is very crucial in order to understand the concept deeply to explore the innovative use of the technology and its application areas.
Who should attend this course?
This course is relevant for the students / professional graduate in earth Sciences (Geography, Geology, Environment, Disaster management) and for the students from other field like B.sc, computer science, engineering, architecture, agriculture, and mining who wish to build their career in geospatial industry and want to be proficient in applying geoinformation science in their respective field.
What will be achieved?
The objective of the course is to develop an understanding and competence in, Geo spatial
- Analyze geo-information problems encountered in professional domain and develop, apply the appropriate methods for studying and/or solving the problems
- Learn different technologies for collecting, acquiring and verifying spatial data Different Technology to generate, integrate, analyze and visualize spatial data
- Apply practical skills by working on international standard projects To carry out an independent final project and presentation
Why choose this course?
If your interest goes beyond existing academic education and you want to know more about the latest technology which can boost your career then this programme is for you. The courses are uniquely designed by industry top technical experts to ensure the meaningful skill development which enables the candidates to gain insight about technology and make them ready to start / accelerate their carrier immediately after completing this course.
1 Year (9 Months training with 3 months Internship)
Graduation/ (10+2+3) or higher degree from any discipline (Science, Geography, Geology, Environment, Disaster Management, Engineering, Computer science, Planning and architecture) with Basic computer knowledge
- IPGI helped 750+ students and working professionals from diversified fields to enhance their skills and to accelerate their career since 2007.
- IPGI believes in innovation and including latest technologies in its courses. First time in India, IPGI started offering the practical knowledge of the latest technologies like UAV Photogrammetry, Lidar and HRSS and many more topics in its courses.
- All course are designed with 60-70% practical based learning
- Training by industry professionals
- Live projects training on international projects in inputs
- Emphasis on domestic and international mapping methods
- Geo Informatics – science and technology:
Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Earth Observation (EO), relation to ‘System Earth’ and the user
- Application of Geo Informatics
This module deals with the Principal, designing, Acquisition, processing,
analyzing of the different technologies.
- Photogrammetry (Aerial / Satellite / UAV)
- GIS (Geographical Information System)
- Remote Sensing
- Traditional technology
- Project work
Hands on experiences (Latest tools, techniques, Software’s) from application area you can choose from.
64,000 (INR) (Pay in Installments) (Scholarship opportunity also available)
|PDGI 101:-||Digital Photogrammetry|
|Unit1- Basic of Photogrammetry
Unit 2- Geometry of Aerial photographs
Unit3- Aerial camera, Lens, Film, and Aerial Photos
Unit4- Photo interpretation, Parallax and photo mosaic
Unit5- Stereo Photogrammetry
|PDGI 102:-||Remote Sensing|
|Unit 1- Basic of Remote Sensing
Unit2- Physics of Remote Sensing and EMR interaction
Unit3- Platform and Sensors & Resolutions
Unit4- Earth Recourse Satellite
Unit5- Image Interpretation
|PDGI 103:-||Digital Images Processing (DIP)|
|Unit1- Introduction to digital Images processing
Unit2- Image Restoration
Unit4 -Image Classification
Unit5- Accuracy Assessment
|PDGI 104:-||Geographical Information System (GIS)|
|Unit1- Concept and Introduction
Unit 2- Data Structure, Data Models and Data Storage
Unit 3- Spatial data Input
Unit 4 – Manipulation Analysis and Output
Unit5 –Web GIS and IT
|PDGI 105:-||SURVEYING (GPS / DGPS / Total Station / Level)|
|Unit1- Fundamental of GPS
Unit2 -Geodesy and Surveying
Unit3- GPS Accuracy & Affecting Factors and GPS Applications
Unit4- Surveying by traditional methods and integration with GIS
Unit5- Non spatial data collection from filed survey and integration with GIS
|PDGI 106:-||LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging)|
|Unit1- Fundamental of LiDAR
Unit2 – Types of LiDAR (Airborne, Terrestrial, Mobil)
Unit3 – Data acquisition and calibration
Unit4 – LiDAR Data Processing and Products
Unit5 – LiDAR Application and Analysis